Tuesday, November 23, 2010

First Snow!

We've been expecting it for a while now, and it finally arrived yesterday!
That's two days earlier than I was wishing for.
I hoped it wouldn't come til Wednesday afternoon, so the kids would be home from school for the Thanksgiving holidays.
But since when does anybody listen to me?

It snowed all day long...very small flakes, but non-stop...

Pounce, who spends a lot of time in the winter curled up in a cozy spot in the basement decided to head outside and see what's what.
Not sure where he headed off to, but he left evidence of his travels.


After I brought the kids home (via a harrowing drive through the city - cars were sliding and bumping into the back of eachother), I thought how nice it would be to have the driveway shoveled for Donald when he got home.
So, I attempted it...

For those of you who have never shoveled snow...don't be fooled by the tiny delicate flakes gently floating to the ground.
They add up quickly to create a seriously heavy mass of snow!

My neighbor shouted out her door, "You can use my snow blower", and I shouted back, "I don't know how to work it.", to which she replied, "Neither do I!" and shut her door!
We tried to get it going together, but I can't even start a lawnmower, so I was having no luck with this machine either.
Donald soon arrived home and saved the day!
He even got up this morning before work and cleared our driveway and two of our neighbors.  
Hot stuff even in the winter time!

1 comment:

  1. Snow already?! Our temperatures reached 80 degrees today here in Houston.

    ReplyDelete