Friday, November 26, 2010

Christmas Card Picture Outtakes

Every year, while taking the annual Christmas card picture, I end up with quite a few that just won't work.
I usually keep them and have even done some scrapbook layouts with some in the past.
They tell the part of the story that goes beyond the sweet smiles and poses.
They tell about the monsters that my kids really are.
Well...not really monsters - but they do have their strange dark sides!
Come take a peek!





Later on, after pictures were taken, they came inside...
or so I thought.

I found Hannah outside and wasn't sure what to think at first.

But I called her name and found she was still alive.

Being the annoying mom that I am, I decided that spending more than 15 minutes laying still in the snow wasn't really a great idea.
So, I called her to come inside.
And this is the delighted expression I got (I get it a lot these days...I must be doing a grand job!).

Sadly, I didn't take a picture of her very red and painful toes which she was sure were actually frozen.
And I also didn't say "I told you so!"

On a totally different note, I know I keep changing the title of my blog, but I just can't find one that seems "just right".
For now I like this one and will try to keep it for a while.

3 comments:

  1. Look at all that snow!!! I can't wait to see the picture that makes the card this year! I'm busy working on Christmas cards, too - getting things done early this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your title is perfectly fine as it is, but if you want to change it, "The Far Side" (in honor of Gary Larson's famous strip) seems appropriate.

    Sparky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of the 3 kids throwing snowballs and one snowball is in the top left hand corner coming forward. I don't think I've ever seen a picture like that one. Would love a copy. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete