Sunday, October 20, 2013

Texas Trip - Part "The End"

Our days in Texas were winding down.
We head north for the last leg of our journey and saw Stephanie and all her men in their new home!

First things first...let's get acquainted with the "other" family members.
Meet Logan's bearded dragon, Bolt!
I must admit he is very pretty -
 And very interesting -
One problem though is that he eats disgusting food like crickets and meal worms.
Bleh.
I can't remember if I touched him.
I think I might have put one finger on him to feel the skin, but none of this cuddling business you see here.
No thank you - even though he looks adorable on Steph's shoulder!

And of course we got reacquainted with Samson!
Awwwwww!
Now this guy I can cuddle!
He's livin' the good life.
Laying down, getting groomed while gnawing on something delicious.
And it's NOT a cricket or mealworm!

The first day everyone just sort of got used to each other again.
The kids anyway - Stephanie and I just pick up where we left off as sisters do.
I think that the older the kids get, sometimes the harder the time away makes things.
I remember that feeling while visiting some cousins every few years in Austin at Thanksgiving. 
The first few hours we just sort of looked at each other...then by the time the visit was over, we were like dear friends.

The second day we went to a fun entertainment center called Main Event.
They bowled and climbed and played laser tag and basically reconnected.
We all had a great time!
But I think Steph and I agree that these were some pretty neat days as well...
August 2005
February 2006
July 2010
And plus or minus a few details - that pretty much covers our 2013 Texas Tour!
When we head back to Houston to catch our flight, we were able to see Granny and Grandpa again...and spend a fun night with Melissa!

We love our family and had a great time!
Of course we were also ready to get home and had a dad and husband waiting who missed his family!
But also...we were very sweaty.
:)
Later Texas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment