Sunday, May 5, 2013

Spring Things

The weather is finally definitely hopefully making a lasting change.
The flowers have been blooming and the garden is beginning to take shape again.
Here are some hightlights...

I have a plant I love called a Candytuft.
I featured it in a blog post a few years ago...
It started out small enough for a container.
But it has grown into its own domain!
It is giant and gorgeous!
It only blooms in the early spring, and afterwards, I will cut it back and let it get ready for next year.

Last May, Donald and the kids bought me a dogwood tree.
They are all over Yakima and I had wanted one for so long.
Well, for some reason I didn't get very many blooms this first year...
(We think that maybe it was the transplanting??)
But the bloom it did have sure was pretty!
Looking forward to a few more next spring!

Of course the lilacs are out and they smell amazing...
 The garden is beginning to get planted...
 A tiny azalea with beautiful blinding colored blooms...
 Blueberries!!
Strawberries!!
 Fresh green grass for our omnivore cat...
 ...who follows me everywhere...
 (and that's pretty awesome, cause he's very cool)
And outside our bedroom window...
Rhododendron, English Ivy, a pretty purple flowering ground cover which I don't know the name of...
Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment