Monday, February 11, 2013

My Weekend

We finally had a weekend that makes me believe spring hasn't forgotten us!
Saturday was okay, but Sunday was beautiful.
Sun and warmer temperatures.
They motivate me!

I had a couple of projects for Etsy to finish and I did that.
Sachets for a baptism in Canada...
and eye pillows for a wedding in Arizona.

Last spring, I bought a $30 desk for Hannah from a lady on Craigslist.
It was painted a hideous black, but it was solid wood and had potential at a very good price!
Came with a nice chair as well!

I put off working on it last year, but now it's time.
I've started the exciting process of stripping and sanding.
It's a lot of work, but will be fun to see what comes of it!
The kids have a long weekend coming up - with more sun and warmer (50's) temperatures expected - so Hannah will have a chance to help me sand transform her new desk!

2 comments:

  1. Love your lavender satchets! I'm gonna have to order some once I clean out my closet and drawers. I'm purging - too much stuff!!!
    And I can't wait to see the desk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you heard any follow up from Martha Stewart and crew yet? I'm excited to see your talent in an official publication. Please share!

    ReplyDelete