Monday, May 7, 2012

Southern Living Coffee Cake

The first word to catch your eye would most likely be "cake".
Next I'll assume you see "Southern"...and start to make the connection...
Very delicious...and most certainly bad for you!

OK!
You're on the right track!

The official name for this recipe is called "Overnight Cinnamon-Pecan Coffee Cake".
But I'm going to rename it "OMG Stephanie!" because it was my sister who sent it to me!
Her name is Stephanie and when I ate it, I said "OMG!"
Pretty clever huh?


OMG Stephanie!

3/4 c. butter, softened
1 c granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 c sour cream
3/4 c firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c chopped pecans
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Beat butter and granulated sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.

Combine flour and next four ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture.  Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.

Spread batter into a greased and floured 9 x 13 pan.

Stir together brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.  Cover pan with plastic wrap and chill 8-18 hours.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Bake coffee cake 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.  Remove from oven.  Serve warm or at room temperature. (SERVE IT WARM...TRUST ME...WARM!!)

**Note**  I served this with some fresh sliced strawberries on the side, but really wished I had thought ahead and made homemade whipped cream to go on top...it would have been heaven!!

Enjoy!
Thanks Steph!





2 comments:

  1. YUMMY! I will have to make this for my next playdate. Thank you and Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is perfect for a playdate!! I remember hosting those at my house when Hannah was little. I loved the company!!!

    ReplyDelete