Friday, August 20, 2010

Idaho - Part 1

We headed out of town to visit our friends at their beautiful place on a lake in Idaho.
We had an opportunity to go last year and felt very excited and lucky to be heading back.  

Donald planned a stop at Silverwood Theme Park that was a surprise to the kids.  
Sadly, I didn't bring my camera there.  I wanted to not always have the feeling that I needed to take pictures.  About 10 minutes after we entered the park I regretted it, but what are you going to do?

Hannah was the brave kid.  She rode all the scariest roller coasters with me and Donald. 
One of them, the Aftershock, had me screaming like a child!
(picture from Silverwood website)

The next day was spent testing the waters...

and then just the grown-ups headed to a concert at a very cool music festival in Sandpoint.
Renee arranged for us to see Michael Franti...who I'd never heard of...and who I now really like!
...so much so that my kids are now shouting at me to stop singing one of his songs.

There was a sea of people in chairs and on blankets...

perfect weather and temperature...

all kinds of people keepin' it real...

and great music to accompany the whole evening.

Of course an event like this always leaves you with a standout memory...and this time it goes to our Chicken!
Yep, you had to be there.

Stay tuned for more.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I was there. Michelle, your pictures bring it all alive for me.
    Thanks,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete