Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bird Update - Day 5

Today is the 5th day that we've had Mohawk.
I guess it makes sense, but its really hard to believe how fast these guys change.
Two days ago, we took some pictures and noticed that his feathers were starting to appear.
Look closely.
Do you see the tiny paintbrush looking things?
Those are the feathers slowly growing out of the...I guess you might call them quills?
(reminder to self...google it later)
Not his most flattering side.

Today they are even bigger and more visible.
See his little tail feathers?

This little bird is amazing really.
I know he's a dime a dozen - whatever he (she?) is, but to get the chance to see it all "up close" is fantastic!

l've decided that we should be feeding him mostly worms now.
And this is a sign of true love for the bird because I HATE worms!

I mean tell me...what's to like?
But, this bird LOVES them!

He likes to be held in our hands outside of the box and when we do that, he goes quiet and looks all around.
There is a pattern to his cheeps and chirps.
Just like a baby, he has a hungry cheep cheep and then later, a contented chirp chirp...at which point, he likes to get under the material in his box and go to sleep...awwww...

1 comment:

  1. Aunt Joanna & Baby Rose (very interested in helping me type)June 20, 2011 at 6:49 AM

    What a cutie! I think it's great that y'all are kicking off your summer this way! Which one of you is gonna teach Mohawk how to hunt for worms?!?! I wanna see that! Ha!

    ReplyDelete