Monday, July 30, 2012

A Teenager

Thirteen years ago a precious baby girl entered our lives.
It was a sunny day in July.
My doctor looked out the window of the hospital and said, "It looks like a beautiful day to have a baby!"
It was a perfect day.

I know it's so cliche, but I really can't believe how thirteen years has gone by so fast.
I can remember not being able to let Hannah go...
I could barely let her out of my arms for others to hold.
We would sit in church and she would be next to me and I couldn't take my eyes off of her.
When we started going to play groups and outings, I knew that others were looking at her because she was the most perfect, cute, clever baby in the group!

And of course she was!  :)
Watching her grow has been a journey of love, tears, fears and joy...

And she has become such a wonderful young girl.
It was a pleasure to celebrate her 13 years...

Love you Hannah!  
You are still my precious baby girl but I love watching you grow!

Slipping through my fingers all the time
I try to capture every minute
The feeling in it
Slipping through my fingers all the time
Do I really see what's in her mind
Each time I think I'm close to knowing
She keeps on growing
Slipping through my fingers all the time...

-ABBA


4 comments:

  1. Call me a sappy "new" mom, but this brings tears to my eyes. Such a precious tribute to a wonderful young lady. You are rightfully proud, Mom Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a puddle! Wiping my eyes, typing with wet fingers... I love you, Hannah! What a beautiful girl you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make such beautiful babies! No wonder Jack was so smitten the first time he saw her!

    BTW: bought bedding and towels for Michael this weekend, then climbed into the car and sobbed.

    enjoy every second...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks y'all! She is a great kid...we're very blessed, but I'm mostly happy for her that she's turning out so awesome!!

    Awww Christina! What a journey you're on!!

    ReplyDelete