Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Swimathon!

Thanks so much to all of you who gave a donation to Ivan and Jenelle for their swimathon!  They were each able to raise $100, of which, 95% goes right to their swim team at the YMCA.  The remaining 5% goes to the national swim organization which they are a part of!

There are times when your kids amaze you and today was one of those days!
Their goal was 200 lengths (100 laps in a 25 yard pool) or 2 hours...whichever came first!

Ivan swam for 152 lengths...that's over two miles!
Jenelle swam for 110 lengths - over a mile and a half!
This is not something that I could!

They were so exhausted!  The momma in me wanted to give them a reason to stop, but I just kept encouraging them!
I don't think they had  any idea what swimming for two hours would be like!
Yet, they never gave up...just pushed themselves to get in as many laps as they could before the time was up!

We are proud of you!!!


  1. WOW!!! Uncle Brian and I are so so impressed. Are your fingers wrinkled? Still? That is really awesome - we are so proud of you! And I'm sure you are proud of yourselves.

  2. You two worked hard to get so many laps - fun, tiring but a nice sense of working for your group. Love and cheers from Granny & Grandpa

  3. Hours of swimming and still smiling! Impressive!