Thursday, March 18, 2010

Little Jerry Seinfeld...and Naked Snickerdoodles!

When Donald and were first married, and even before that really, we were faithful watchers of Seinfeld. Who wasn't? To this day I think it's probably the funniest show that's ever been on tv!

We bought a rooster cookie jar one year and named it Little Jerry Seinfeld, specifically after this episode. Take a minute (or 3 minutes and 45 seconds to be exact) to watch...trust me...we all need a little Seinfeld in our day!



Okay...got to stop laughing and finish the post!!

Anyway, time (and kids...and husband) have taken their toll on Little Jerry. Once a proud and majestic creature,


he's starting to show the signs of age and tough love.





But that's what cookie jars are about right? You see them everyday...they're a fixture of the kitchen and when you open it, it always provides happiness. We can probably all remember the cookie jars from our childhood and we didn't care that there were a few chips and dings in them...as long as they were full!


Want to know what's in Jerry today?

It's this snickerdoodle recipe that I changed ever so slightly. I added about 1/4 to 1/2 cup more flour and instead of 2 tsp of vanilla, I added 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp almond extract. I'm also calling them naked because I was lazy and decided I didn't want to roll them in the cinnamon and sugar! No complaints...they went down just as easy!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite cookie jar - Little Jerry Seinfeld! Give him some love for me. And I am trying this recipe after I pick up some shortening!

    ReplyDelete