Thursday, November 25, 2010

Early Shopping!

I don't EVER go out shopping on Black Friday!

No offense to those who do, but I find it absolutely insane to get up at the crack of dawn and fight the crowds, risk being smashed to death under someone's feet, only to wait in line for hours...all to save a few bucks!
I know there are some amazing sales, but the chances of being one of the lucky few to actually snag one of the big ticket deals is too slim for me to change my ways.

God bless America, but honestly, the concept of shopping and holidays has gotten really screwed up.

So, when I went out yesterday to find some snow boots for Hannah and Donald and myself, I probably spent a bit more than I would have on Friday, but man it was peaceful!

These are the boots I'm replacing...
I've had them for about 15 years and they are quality shoes.  But, for going in and out of snow, when you're hands are near freezing, they are a pain to tie up.
I tossed them in the driveway next to some snow that fell off the van.
That snow in the roads gets nasty after a while!

Here's what I replaced them with!
Sweet!
And that fur on the top goes all the way down!
Nice and cozy!

So one thing I am thankful for today is new warm boots...
But more on being thankful later!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the new boots! I happen to have a pair like your old ones - no need for them now, but I will hold on to them because you never know...

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete