Saturday, May 29, 2010

Wuthering Heights

I LOVE this book!

I remember, vaguely, being assigned to read it in high school. I found it incredibly difficult and not of much interest. In fact, I don't actually remember getting past the first few pages.

I'm sure some of my feelings for it now are a result of having lived in England and falling in love with all things British, but the main reason that I decided to pick up the book again was because of a BBC production that Donald and I watched on PBS last year.

For me, this was definitely a situation where watching the movie first made reading the book a better experience. If you want a great love story, watch this clip and then continue with the other parts on YouTube. You can also rent it from Netflix.



Then read this...



"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it."
- Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights, Ch. 9

No comments:

Post a Comment