Monday, April 5, 2010

Meet Larry


I don't know why he's named Larry - you'd have to ask Ivan that question. But I know what Larry is...or hopes to be. Larry dreams of becoming this...


...a giant cabbage - without the girl attached of course.

Bonnie Plants, a company in Alabama, has a contest for 3rd graders. Read all about it here!
Ivan brought home a plant last week in a tiny cup and we transplanted it today. Soon we'll find a place in the yard for Larry to really take off! His dream is to gain up to 40 pounds! Amazing!

Even if Ivan doesn't win the $1000 scholarship (you should have seen his face when I told him what a scholarship was...I think he had images of Legos to the ceiling!), we figure we could enter it in the Central Washington State Fair this fall.

So, I'll keep you posted on Larry's progress. I'm hoping the fact that he's already sporting a yellow leaf isn't indicative of his future!

Grow Larry! Grow!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, GROW, Larry! GROW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am anxious to see Larry grow. What a wonderful name he has been given.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ivan, how is your cabbage plant growing? Good luck! Grandpa planted tomato and onion plants. We are already enjoying the onions. Hope you are having a good week.
    Love Ya.

    ReplyDelete